Always visit our web site or our facebook page before you go to the farm!
Strawberries are affected by weather. And when they are in season, the fields may be picked clean by NOON! Our web site and facebook pages are updated as the conditions change.
- To help prevent berries from being bruised and for easier transportation home, bring your own empty containers (examples: empty ice cream bucket or tupperware bowls).
- Part the leaves with your hands and pick only the berries that are fully red.
- Hours are normally 7am to 7pm. If you are not using your berries immediately, plan your picking during the coolest part of the day. Strawberries keep longer when picked in cooler weather.
- Berries picked during the heat of the day become soft, are easily bruised and will not keep well, but are great for making jam or used immediately.
When you get home:
- DON'T wash the berries until you are ready to use them. Washing makes them more prone to spoiling.
- Put a couple of days supply into the fridge, wash and cut the caps (green tops) off the others and freeze! (Unless you're going to use them immediately)
- Visit our Recipes page for ideas.